Allie H Grossmann, M.D., Ph.D.
About Allie H Grossmann, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Allie Grossmann completed a Ph.D. and an M.D. at Oregon Health Sciences University. She completed an AP residency at the University of Utah. Her research interests in tumor biology overlap with her clinical focus in Molecular Oncology and Surgical Pathology.
- Grossmann AH and Samowitz WS. (2011) Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Pathway Mutations in Colorectal Carcinoma. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Invited Review, in press.
- Factor RE, Layfield LJ, Grossmann AH, Crim JR, Price SL, Lor Randall R. Fine-needle aspiration diagnosis of an intraosseous amyloidoma. Diagn Cytopathol. 2011 May 4
- Grossmann AH and Factor R. (2011) Cytology and Molecular Diagnostic Workup of Malignant Melanoma. ASCP Check Sample Series: Cytopathology 39(8):93-103.
- Chan AC, Drakos SG, Ruiz OE, Smith AC, Gibson CC, Ling J, Passi SF, Stratman AN, Sacharidou A, Revelo MP, Grossmann AH, Diakos NA, Davis GE, Metzstein MM, Whitehead KJ, Li DY. Mutations in 2 distinct genetic pathways result in cerebral cavernous malformations in mice. J Clin Invest. 2011 May 2;121(5):1871-81
- Webber NP, Sharma S, Grossmann AH, Shaaban A, Jones KB, Layfield LJ, Randall RL. Metastatic Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma Presenting as a Large Pelvic Mass Mimicking Primary Osteogenic Sarcoma: A Series of Two Patient Cases. J Clin Oncol. 2010 Oct 10;28(29):e545-9.
- Grossmann AH, Kolibaba KS, Willis SG, Corbin AS, Langdon WS, Deininger MW, Druker BJ. Catalytic domains of tyrosine kinases determine the phosphorylation sites within c-Cbl. FEBS Lett. 2004 Nov 19;577(3):555-62.
- Gurtu VE, Verma S, Grossmann AH, Liskay RM, Skarnes WC, Baker SM. Maternal effect for DNA mismatch repair in the mouse. Genetics. 2002 Jan;160(1):271-7.
- Baker SM, Harris AC, Tsao JL, Flath TJ, Bronner CE, Gordon M, Shibata D, Liskay RM. Enhanced intestinal adenomatous polyp formation in Pms2-/-;Min mice. Cancer Res. 1998 Mar 15;58(6):1087-9.
- Prolla TA, Baker SM, Harris AC, Tsao JL, Yao X, Bronner CE, Zheng B, Gordon M, Reneker J, Arnheim N, Shibata D, Bradley A, Liskay RM. Abstract Tumour susceptibility and spontaneous mutation in mice deficient in Mlh1, Pms1 and Pms2 DNA mismatch repair. Nat Genet. 1998 Mar;18(3):276-9.
- Baker SM, Plug AW, Prolla TA, Bronner CE, Harris AC, Yao X, Christie DM, Monell C, Arnheim N, Bradley A, Ashley T, Liskay RM. Involvement of mouse Mlh1 in DNA mismatch repair and meiotic crossing over. Nat Genet. 1996 Jul;13(3):336-42.
- All Publications: Click Here
Honors and Awards
- 2010, Cell Response & Regulation Program mini-grant, Huntsman Cancer Institute
- 2009, Postdoctoral Training Fellowship, University of Utah Department of Cardiology (NIH T32HL007576), National Heart Lung and Blood Institute
- 2002, Tartar Fellowship, Oregon Health Sciences University
- 1999, Tartar Fellowship, Oregon Health Sciences University
- 2013, Molecular Genetic Pathology Fellowship, University of Utah/ARUP Laboratories, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2011, AP Pathology Residency, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2007, M.D., Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon
- 2003, Ph.D., Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon
- 1993, B.S., Zoology, Albertson College of Idaho, Caldwell, Idaho