Elizabeth Hammond, M.D.
Pathologist, LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
Director, University of Utah School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Section of Electron Microscopy, Salt Lake City, UT
Director, Utah Cardiac Transplant Program, Cardiac Transplant Pathology, Salt Lake City, UT
Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Salt Lake City, UT
Adjunct Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
About Elizabeth Hammond, M.D.
Dr. Elizabeth Hammond is presently located at LDS Hospital as an active Pathologist. She also is a Director at the University of Utah School of Medicine in the Department of Pathology in Section of Electron Microscopy and serves as a Professor in Pathology. Dr. Hammond directs the Utah Cardiac Transplant Program for Cardiac Transplant Pathology and is an Adjunct Professor for the Department of Internal Medicine for the University of Utah.
- Khor LY, Bae K, Pollack A, Hammond ME, Grignon DJ, Venkatesan VM, Rosenthal SA, Ritter MA, Sandler HM, Hanks GE, Shipley WU, Dicker AP. (2007 Oct). COX-2 expression predicts prostate-cancer outcome: analysis of data from the RTOG 92-02 trial. Lancet Oncol, 8(10), 912-20.
- Kfoury AG, Hammond ME, Snow GL, Stehlik J, Reid BB, Long JW, Gilbert EM, Bader FM, Bull DA, Renlund DG. (2007 Dec). Early screening for antibody-mediated rejection in heart transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant, 26(12), 1264-9.
- Vance GH, Barry TS, Bloom KJ, Fitzgibbons PL, Hicks DG, Jenkins RB, Persons DL, Tubbs RR, Hammond ME. (2009 Apr). Genetic heterogeneity in HER2 testing in breast cancer: panel summary and guidelines. Arch Pathol Lab Med, 133(4), 611-2.
- Petrich W, Lewandrowski KB, Muhlestein JB, Hammond ME, Januzzi JL, Lewandrowski EL, Pearson RR, Dolenko B, Fruh J, Haass M, Hirschl MM, Kohler W, Mischler R, Mocks J, Ordonez-Llanos J, Quarder O, Somorjai R, Staib A, Sylven C, Werner G, Zerback R. (2009 Jun). Potential of mid-infrared spectroscopy to aid the triage of patients with acute chest pain. Analyst, 134(6), 1092-8.
- Khor LY, Bae K, Paulus R, Al-Saleem T, Hammond ME, Grignon DJ, Che M, Venkatesan V, Byhardt RW, Rotman M, Hanks GE, Sandler HM, Pollack A. (2009 Jul 1). MDM2 and Ki-67 predict for distant metastasis and mortality in men treated with radiotherapy and androgen deprivation for prostate cancer: RTOG 92-02. J Clin Oncol, 27(19), 3177-84.
- Pollack A, Bae K, Khor LY, Al-Saleem T, Hammond ME, Venkatesan V, Byhardt RW, Asbell SO, Shipley WU, Sandler HM. (2009 Sep 1). The importance of protein kinase A in prostate cancer: relationship to patient outcome in Radiation Therapy Oncology Group trial 92-02. Clin Cancer Res, 15(17), 5478-84.
- All Publications: Click Here
Honors and Awards
- 2006 - Present Who's Who in America
- 2006 - Present Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare
- 2007 - 2008 Best Doctors In America 2007-2008
- 2007 Distingushed Alumni Award, University of Utah School of Medicine
- 1963 - 1967 M.D. University of Utah Hospital School of Medicine (Medicine) Salt Lake City, UT
- 1967 - 1968 Intern University of Utah School of Medicine (Pathology) Salt Lake City, UT
- 1968 - 1969 Fellow National Institute of Health (Pathology) Stockholm, Sweden
- 1970 - 1972 Resident Massachusetts General Hospital (Anatomic Immunology Pathology) Boston, MA
- 1972 - 1974 Research Fellow Massachusetts General Hospital (Immunopathology) Boston, MA