H. Evin Gulbahce, M.D.
About H. Evin Gulbahce, M.D.
Dr. Gulbahce is a Professor in the Division of Anatomic Pathology. She received her MD at Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine. She completed her residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, and Surgical Pathology Fellowship at the University of Minnesota where she also served as faculty for more than ten years. Dr. Gulbahce's special interests included breast cancer and risk factors, pulmonary and other complications of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, and cytopathology.
- H. Evin Gulbahce, MD; Steve Vanderwerf, MD; Cindy Blair, PhD; Carol Sweeney, PhD. Lobulitis in Non-neoplastic Breast Tissue from Breast Cancer Patients: Association with Phenotypes that are Common in Hereditary Breast Cancer. Human Pathology in press.
- H. Evin Gulbahce, M.D; Carol Sweeney, PhD; Maria Surowiecka, MD; Dennis Knapp, BS; Linda Varghese, M.D; Cindy K Blair, PhD. GATA-3 Expression and Outcomes in Breast Cancer Patients Who Received Systemic Chemotherapy and/or Hormonal Therapy and Clinicopathological Features of GATA-3+ Tumors. Human Pathology in press.
- Dvorak L, Dolan M, Fink J, Varghese L, Henriksen J, Gulbahce HE. Correlation between HER2 determined by fluorescence in situ hybridization and reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction of the oncotype DX test. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2013 May;21(3):196-9.
- Gulbahce HE, Gamez R, Dvorak L, Forster C, Varghese L. Concordance between tissue microarray and whole-section estrogen receptor expression and intratumoral heterogeneity. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2012 Jul;20(4):340-3.
- Alsharif M, Cameron SE, Young JA, Savik K, Henriksen JC, Gulbahce HE, Pambuccian SE. Time trends in fungal infections as a cause of death in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients: An autopsy study. Am J Clin Pathol. 2009 Nov;132(5):746-55.
- Thrall MJ, Pambuccian SE, Stelow EB, McKeon DM, Miller L, Savik K, Gulbahce HE. Impact of the more restrictive definition of atypical squamous cells introduced by the 2001 Bethesda System on the sensitivity and specificity of the Papanicolaou test: a 5-year follow-up study of Papanicolaou tests originally interpreted as ASCUS, reclassified according to Bethesda 2001 criteria. Cancer. 2008 Jun 25;114(3):171-9.
- Khan K, Schwarzenberg SJ, Sharp H, Jessurun J, Gulbahce HE, Defor T, Nagarajan R. Diagnostic endoscopy in children after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Gastrointest Endosc. 2006 Sep;64(3):379-85.
- Aslan DL, Gulbahce HE, Stelow EB, Setty S, Brown CA, McGlennen RC, Pambuccian SE. The diagnosis of Trichomonas vaginalis in liquid-based Pap tests: Correlation with PCR. Diagn Cytopathol. 2005 Jun;32(6):341-4.
- Roychowdhury M, Pambuccian SE, Aslan DL, Jessurun J, Rose AG, Manivel JC, Gulbahce HE. Pulmonary complications after bone marrow transplantation: An autopsy study from a large transplantation center. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2005 Mar;129(3):366-71.
- Gulbahce HE, Pambuccian SE, Jessurun J, Woodard P, Steiner ME, Manivel JC, Hite S, Ramsay NK, Baker KS. Pulmonary nodular lesions in bone marrow transplant recipients: Impact of histologic diagnosis on patient management and prognosis. Am J Clin Pathol. 2004 Feb;121(2):205-10.
- Gulbahce HE, Baker KS, Kumar P, Kjeldahl K, Pambuccian SE. Atypical cells in bronchoalveolar lavage specimens from bone marrow transplant recipients. A potential pitfall. Am J Clin Pathol. 2003 Jul;120(1):101-6.
- Gulbahce HE, Brown CA, Wick M, Segall M, Jessurun J. Graft-vs-host disease after solid organ transplant. Am J Clin Pathol. 2003 Apr;119(4):568-73.
- Gulbahce HE, Manivel JC, Jessurun J. Pulmonary cytolytic thrombi: A previously unrecognized complication of bone marrow transplantation. Am J Surg Pathol. 2000 Aug;24(8):1147-52.
- All Publications: Click Here
Honors and Awards
- 2009 Excellence in Breast Cancer Service, University of Minnesota Breast Cancer
- 2007 Teacher of the Year, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota
- 1997 Surgical Pathology Fellowship, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- 1998 Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- 1988 MD, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey