Katherine B. Geiersbach, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, University of Utah, School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
- Medical Director, ARUP Laboratories, Cytogenetics, Molecular Cytogenetics, and Molecular Oncology
About Katherine B. Geiersbach, M.D.
Dr. Katherine Geiersbach is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pathology. She received her MD from the University of Colorado School of Medicine where she also completed her AP/CP residency training in pathology and a fellowship in Cytogenetics. She completed her fellowship in Molecular Genetic Pathology in the Department of Pathology in 2009. She is a Medical Director in Cytogenetics, Molecular Cytogenetics, and Molecular Oncology at ARUP Laboratories.
Dr. Geiersbach is a member of the Association for Molecular Pathology and is on the AMP Website Editorial Board. She has also served as a consulting research pathologist for Myriad Genetics, Inc.
Dr. Geiersbach's research interests include DNA-based genotyping of molar pregnancy, cytogenetic abnormalities in spontaneous pregnancy loss, and genetic abnormalities in cancer.
- Geiersbach KB, Netto G. (10 June 2009). KRAS Mutation Analysis. [Web]. Bethesda, MD: AMP.org. Available: http://www.amp.org/Publications/ampreviews/st-KRAS.htm.
- Dames S, Durtschi J, Geiersbach K, Stephens J, Voelkerding KV. (July 2010) Comparison of the Illumina Genome Analyzer and Roche 454 GS FLX for resequencing of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy-associated genes. J Biomol Tech. 2010 Jul;21(2):73-80.
- Geiersbach KB, South ST. (11/2010). Advances in Fetal Diagnostics for Genomic Alterations. (ISBN: 978-981-4280-04-4). In Oommen Mathew and Jatinder Bhatia (Ed.), Innovations in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine (p. 372). Hackensack, NJ: World Scientific.
- Geiersbach K, Rector LS, Sederberg M, Hooker A, Randall RL, Schiffman JD, South ST. (2011). Unknown partner for USP6 and unusual SS18 rearrangement detected by fluorescence in situ hybridization in a solid aneurysmal bone cyst. Cancer Genet, 204(4), 195-202.
- All Publications: Click Here
Honors and Awards
- 2003 Third Place, Resident Abstract Finalist Competition, CAP ’03 (Annual Meeting), College of American Pathologists, San Diego, California
- 2001 Sara D. Winter, M.D. Award, Department of Pathology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado
- 2001 Adler Scholar Award, Office of the Dean, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado
- 1997 - 2001 Doctor of Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado
- 1994 - 1997 Premedical Coursework, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, CO
- 1989 - 1994 BA, Princeton University