Attila Kumanovics, M.D.
last modified 2014-04-22 10:51 — by Becky Johnson
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Co-Director of Immunogenetics, ARUP Laboratories
Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Utah
Scholarly Emphasis: Immunology
- Assistant Medical Director of Immunology, ARUP Laboratories
- Co-Director of Immunogenetics, ARUP Laboratories
- Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Utah
About Attila Kumanovics, M.D.
Dr. Kumanovics is an assistant medical director of the Immunology Laboratory and co-director of the Immunogenetics Laboratory at ARUP Laboratories, as well as an assistant professor of pathology at the University of Utah School of Medicine. Dr. Kumanovics received his MD at the University of Pecs Medical and Health Sciences Centre in Hungary. He completed postdoctoral research fellowships at the University of Utah School of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and served as a clinical pathology resident, an immunology fellow, and a molecular genetic pathology fellow at the University of Utah School of Medicine. Dr. Kumanovics is board certified in clinical pathology by the American Board of Pathology and molecular genetic pathology by the American Board of Medical Genetics and American Board of Pathology.
- Kumanovics A, Levin G, Blount P. (2002). Family ties of gated pores: evolution of the sensor module. FASEB J (Online), 16(12), 1623-9.
- Kumanovics A, Madan A, Qin S, Rowen L, Hood L, Fischer Lindahl K. (2002). QUOD ERAT FACIENDUM: sequence analysis of the H2-D and H2-Q regions of 129/SvJ mice. Immunogenetics, 54(7), 479-89.
- Loconto J, Papes F, Chang E, Stowers L, Jones EP, Takada T, Kumanovics A, Fischer Lindahl K, Dulac C. (2003). Functional expression of murine V2R pheromone receptors involves selective association with the M10 and M1 families of MHC class Ib molecules. Cell, 112(5), 607-18.
- Takada T, Kumanovics A, Amadou C, Yoshino M, Jones EP, Athanasiou M, Evans GA, Fischer Lindahl K. (2003). Species-specific class I gene expansions formed the telomeric 1 mb of the mouse major histocompatibility complex. Genome Res, 13(4), 589-600.
- Amadou C, Younger RM, Sims S, Matthews LH, Rogers J, Kumanovics A, Ziegler A, Beck S, Lindahl KF. (2003). Co-duplication of olfactory receptor and MHC class I genes in the mouse major histocompatibility complex. Hum Mol Genet, 12(22), 3025-40.
- Dijkstra JM, Kiryu I, Yoshiura Y, Kumanovics A, Kohara M, Hayashi N, Ototake M. (2006). Polymorphism of two very similar MHC class Ib loci in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Immunogenetics, 58(2-3), 152-67.
- Kumanovics A, Poruk KE, Osborn KA, Ward DM, Kaplan J. (2006). YKE4 (YIL023C) encodes a bidirectional zinc transporter in the endoplasmic reticulum of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem, 281(32), 22566-74.
- Kumanovics A, Chen OS, Li L, Bagley D, Adkins EM, Lin H, Dingra NN, Outten CE, Keller G, Winge D, Ward DM, Kaplan J. (2008). Identification of FRA1 and FRA2 as genes involved in regulating the yeast iron regulon in response to decreased mitochondrial iron-sulfur cluster synthesis. J Biol Chem, 283(16), 10276-86.
- Lin H, Kumanovics A, Nelson JM, Warner DE, Ward DM, Kaplan J. (2008). A single amino acid change in the yeast vacuolar metal transporters ZRC1 and COT1 alters their substrate specificity. J Biol Chem, 283(49), 33865-73.
- Kumanovics A, Wittwer CT, Pryor RJ, Augustine NH, Leppert MF, Carey JC, Ochs HD, Wedgwood RJ, Faville RJ Jr, Quie PG, Hill HR. (2010). Rapid molecular analysis of the STAT3 gene in Job syndrome of hyper-IgE and recurrent infectious diseases. J Mol Diagn, 12(2), 213-9.
- Kumanovics A, Perkins SL, Gilbert H, Cessna MH, Augustine NH, Hill HR. (2010). Diffuse large B cell lymphoma in hyper-IgE syndrome due to STAT3 mutation. J Clin Immunol, 30(6), 886-93.
- All Publications: Click Here