Julio Delgado, M.D., M.S.
Associate Professor of Pathology
Julio Delgado, MD, MS
- Group Medical Director, Immunology Division, ARUP Laboratories
- Executive Co-Director, ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology
- Director, Masters of Laboratory Medicine & Biomedical Science, University of Utah School of Medicine
About Julio Delgado, M.D., M.S.
Dr. Delgado is an Associate Professor of Pathology at the University of Utah School of Medicine. He received his M.D. from Universidad Industrial de Santander in Colombia, clinical residency training in Clinical Pathology and research fellowship in Immunology from Harvard Medical School. He received his M.S. degree in Epidemiology from Harvard School of Public Health.
Dr. Delgado is board certified in Clinical Pathology and Histocompatibility laboratory testing by the American Board of Pathology and the American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics.
- (Selected from over 50 peer-reviewed publications since 1996.)
- Kincaid EZ, Che JW, York I, Escobar H, Reyes-Vargas E, Delgado JC, Welsh RM, Karow ML, Murphy AJ, Valenzuela DM, Yancopoulos GD, Rock KL. Mice completely lacking immunoproteasomes show major changes in antigen presentation. Nat Immunol. 2011; 13:129-35.
- Escobar H, Reyes-Vargas E, Jensen PE, Delgado JC, Crockett DK. Utility of characteristic QTOF MS/MS fragmentation for MHC class I peptides. J Proteome Res. 2011; 10:2494-507.
- Blanchard N, Kanaseki T, Escobar H, Delebecque F, Nagarajan NA, Reyes-Vargas E, Crockett DK, Raulet DH, Delgado JC, Shastri N. Endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase associated with antigen processing defines the composition and structure of MHC class I peptide repertoire in normal and virus-infected cells. J Immunol. 2010; 184:3033-42.
- Delgado JC, Fuller A, Ozawa M, Smith L, Terasaki PI, Shihab FS, Eckels DD. No occurrence of de novo HLA antibodies in patients with early corticosteroid withdrawal in a 5-year prospective randomized study. Transplantation 2009; 87: 546-8.
- Delgado JC, Escobar H, Crockett DK, Reyes-Vargas E, Jensen PE. Identification of naturally processed ligands in the C57BL/6 mouse using large-scale mass spectrometric peptide sequencing and bioinformatics prediction. Immunogenetics 2009; 61:241-6.
- Escobar H, Crockett DK, Reyes-Vargas E, Baena A, Rockwood AL, Jensen PE, Delgado JC. Large scale mass spectrometric profiling of peptides eluted from HLA molecules reveals N-terminal-extended peptide motifs. J Immunol. 2008. 181:4874-82.
- Delgado JC, Baena A, Thim S, Goldfeld AE Aspartic acid homozygosity at codon 57 of HLA-DQ beta is associated with susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis in Cambodia. J. Immunol. 2006; 176:1090-7.
- Delgado JC, Tsai EY, Thim S, Baena A, Boussiotis VA, Reynes JM, Sath S, Grosjean P, Yunis EJ, Goldfeld AE. Antigen-specific and persistent tuberculin anergy in a cohort of pulmonary tuberculosis patients from rural Cambodia. Proc Natl Acad Sci. USA. 2002; 99: 7576-81.
- Flores-Villanueva PO, Yunis EJ, Delgado JC, Vittinghoff E, Buchbinder S, Leung JY, Uglialoro AM, Clavijo OP, Rosenberg ES, Kalams SA, Braun JD, Boswell SL, Walker BD, Goldfeld AE. Control of HIV-1 viremia and protection from AIDS are associated with HLA-Bw4 homozygosity. Proc Natl Acad Sci. USA. 2001; 98:5140-5.
- Goldfeld AE, Delgado JC, Thim S, Bozon MV, Uglialoro AM, Turbay D, Cohen C, Yunis EJ. A negatively charged P9 peptide binding pocket of the DQ molecule is associated with progressive tuberculosis. JAMA 1998; 279:226-8.
- All Publications: Click Here