Rob Blaylock, M.D.
Professor of Pathology
- Professor of Pathology
- Co-Director of University Hospital Clinical Laboratories
- Medical Director of Transfusion Services
- Medical Director of the Immunohematology Reference Laboratory (IRL) at ARUP
About Rob Blaylock, M.D.
Dr. Blaylock is the Co-director of the University Hospital Clinical Laboratory, Phlebotomy and Support Services and Transfusion Services. He is also the medical director of the Immunohematology Reference Laboratory (IRL) at ARUP. He is an professor of pathology at the University of Utah School of Medicine. Dr. Blaylock received his M.D. from the University of Utah School of Medicine and is board certified in clinical pathology by the American Board of Pathology with special certification in Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine and is a diplomate of the American Board of Medical Examiners. Dr. Blaylock co-authored Practical lAspects of the Transfusion Service.
- Lehman CM et al. (Chapter 11) In: Practical Handbook of Laboratory Hemostasis for Pathologists. 2007. Springer Publishing, New York, NY.
- Chapter 11: “Coagulation Testing and Transfusion Medicine”
- Kjeldsberg CK. et al. (Chapters 12-15) In: The Practical Diagnosis of Hematologic Disorders 4th Edition. ASCP Press, Chicago, IL. 2006.
- Chapter 12: “Extrinsic Hemolytic Anemia: General Concepts and Transfusion Reactions”
- Chapter 13: “Extrinsic Hemolytic Anemia: Fetomaternal Incompatibility”
- Chapter 14: “Drug-Related Extrinsic Hemolytic Anemia”
- Chapter 15: Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia”
- Pysher TJ, Bach PR, Blaylock RM et al. Teaching Pediatric Laboratory Medicine to Pathology Residents. Arch Pathol Lab Med, July 2006; 130:1031-1038.
- Warren JE, Blaylock RC, Silver RM. Plasmapheresis for the treatment of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy refractory to medical treatment. Am J Obstet Gynecol, Jun 2005; 192(6):2088-9.
- Lehman CM, Blaylock RC, Alexander DP, Rodgers GM. Discontinuation of the Bleeding Time Test without Detectable Adverse Clinical Impact. Clin Chem, 2001; 47(7):1204-1211.
- All Publications: Click Here
Honors and Awards
- 2003 Clinical Pathology Teaching Award
- 2001 Clinical Pathology Teaching Award
- 1999 Clinical Pathology Teaching Award
- 1999 UUHSC SCIU Performance Award
- 1995 Clinical Pathology Teaching Award
- 1989 – 1991 Fellowship. Transfusion Medicine, Clinical Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT.
- 1986 - 1990 Residency. Clinical Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT.
- 1986 Medical Doctor. University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT.
- 1982 Bachelor of Science. Magna Cum Laude, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.