Rodney Miles, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology
About Rodney Miles, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Rodney Miles is currently an Assistant Professor for the Department of Pathology at the University of Utah. He also serves as the Medical Director for Hematopathology for ARUP Laboratories. Ongoing projects include gene copy number analysis in pediatric Burkitt lymphoma and acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and the phenotypic characterization of a cohort of adult DLBCL patients.
- 1. Dembinski AS, Dobson JR, Wilson JE, Radio SJ, Miles RR, Sears TD, McManus BM. (1994). Frequency, extent and distribution of endomyocardial adipose tissue: Morphometric analysis of endomyocardial biopsy specimens from 241 patients. Cardiovasc Pathol, 3, 33-41.
- 2. McManus BM, Horley KJ, Wilson JE, Malcom GT, Kendall TJ, Miles RR, Winters GL, Costanzo MR, Miller LL, Radio SJ. (1995). Prominence of coronary arterial wall lipids in human heart allografts. Implications for pathogenesis of allograft arteriopathy. Am J Pathol, 147(2), 293-308.
- 3. Clemens DL, Halgard CM, Miles RR, Sorrell MF, Tuma DJ. (1995). Establishment of a recombinant hepatic cell line stably expressing alcohol dehydrogenase. Arch Biochem Biophys, 321(2), 311-8.
- 4. Clemens DL, Halgard CM, Cole JR, Miles RR, Sorrell MF, Tuma DJ. (1996). Impairment of the asialoglycoprotein receptor by ethanol oxidation. Biochem Pharmacol, 52, 1499-1505.
- 5. Limpach A, Dalton M, Miles R, Gadson P. (2000). Homocysteine inhibits retinoic acid synthesis: a mechanism for homocysteine-induced congenital defects. Exp Cell Res, 260, 166-174.
- 6. Miles RR, Crockett DK, Lim MS, Elenitoba-Johnson KS. (2005). Analysis of BCL6-interacting proteins by tandem mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics, 4(12), 1898-909.
- 7. Miles RR, Cairo MS, Satwani P, Zwick DL, Lones MA, Sposto R, Abromovitch M, Tripp S, Angiolillo AL, Roman E, Davenport V, Perkins SL. (2007). Immunophenotypic identification of possible therapeutic targets in paediatric non-Hodgkin lymphomas: a children's oncology group report. Br J Haematol, 138(4), 506-12.
- 8. Miles RR, Raphael M, McCarthy K, Wotherspoon A, Lones MA, Terrier-Lacombe MJ, Patte C, Gerrard M, Auperin A, Sposto R, Davenport V, Cairo MS, Perkins SL. (2008). Pediatric diffuse large B-cell lymphoma demonstrates a high proliferation index, frequent c-Myc protein expression, and a high incidence of germinal center subtype: Report of the French-American-British (FAB) international study group. Pediatr Blood Cancer, 51(3), 369-74.
- All Publications: Click Here
Honors and Awards
- 2005 Stowell-Orbison Certificate of Merit, USCAP
- 2005 University of Utah Pathology Resident Research Award
- 2005 Society for Hematopathology Pathologist in Training Award,USCAP
- 2006 -2007 CAP Foundation Scholars Research Fellowship
- 1990 - 1994 BA Grinnell College (Chemistry) Grinnell, IA
- 1995 - 2000 PhD University of Nebraska - Omaha (Cell Biology) Omaha, NE
- 1995 - 2002 MD University of Nebraska - Omaha (Medicine) Omaha, NE
- 1997 - 2000 University of Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, NE
- 2002 - 2005 Resident University of Utah (Pathology) Salt Lake City, UT
- 2005 - 2006 Chief Resident University of Utah (Pathology)Salt Lake City, UT
- 2007 - 2008 Fellow University of Michigan (Hematopathology)Ann Arbor, MI