Joely Straseski, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- 2011 - Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine
- 2011 - Medical Director of Endocrinology, ARUP Laboratories
- 2011 - Co-Medical Director of Automated Core Laboratory, ARUP Laboratories
About Joely Straseski, Ph.D.
Dr. Straseski is a medical director of endocrinology and automated core laboratories at ARUP and an assistant professor of pathology at the University of Utah School of Medicine. She received her PhD in pathology and laboratory medicine and a Master’s degree in bacteriology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where she also served as a postdoctoral associate in the Department of Pathology. Dr. Straseski completed a postdoctoral fellowship in clinical chemistry at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions in Baltimore, Maryland. She has previously been awarded the Past-President Scholarship by the American Association for Clinical Chemistry, as well as a Distinguished Abstract Award from the National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry. Dr. Straseski is board certified in clinical chemistry by the American Board of Clinical Chemistry.
- Straseski, J. A., Stolbach, A., Clarke, W. (2010) Opiate-positive immunoassay screen in a pediatric patient. Clinical Chemistry, 56:1220-1225.
- Harlan, R., Clarke, W., Di Bussolo, J., Kozak, M., Straseski, J. A., Meany, D. L. (2010) An automated turbulent flow liquid chromatography isotope dilution mass spectrometry (IDMS) method for quantitation of serum creatinine. Clinica Chimica Acta, 411:1728-1734.
- Bach, D., Straseski, J. A., Clarke, W. (2010) Therapeutic drug monitoring in cancer chemotherapy. Bioanalysis, 2:863-879.
- Straseski, J. A., Clarke, W., Sokoll, L. A. (2010) Application of point-of-care measurement of creatinine. Clinical Chemistry CheckSample, American Society for Clinical Pathology.
- Straseski, J. A., Clarke, W. (In press, Spring 2011) Mass Spectrometry. Contemporary Practice in Clinical Chemistry, 2nd edition, AACC Press.
- Centanni, J. M.*, Straseski, J. A.*, Wicks, A., Hank, J. A., Rasmussen, C. A., Lokuta, M.A., Schurr, M. J., Foster, K. N., Faucher, L. D., Caruso, D. M., Allen-Hoffmann, B. L. StrataGraft® skin substitute is well-tolerated and is not acutely immunogenic in patients with traumatic wounds: results from a prospective, randomized, dose escalation trial. In press: Annals of Surgery (2010). * These authors contributed equally to the work presented.
- All Publications: Click Here
Honors and Awards
- 2001-2002 - Cremer Scholars Award, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2009 - Blue Ribbon Poster Award, Wound Healing Society Annual Meeting
- 2009 - Student Travel Grant Award, American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- 2009 - Young Investigators’ Day Award, Excellence in Clinical Research, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine
- 2009 - Past-Presidents’ Scholarship, American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- 2010 - Paul E. Strandjord Young Investigator Award, Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists
- 2010 - Student Travel Grant Award, American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- 2010 - Distinguished Abstract Award, National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry
- 2010 - Young Investigator Abstract Award for Outstanding Research in Proteomics, Proteomics Division, American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- 2010 - Blue Ribbon Poster Award 2010 Wound Healing Society Annual Meeting
- 2010 - Outstanding Speaker Award, American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- 2011 - Outstanding Speaker Award, American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- 2011 - Annual National AACC Meeting Educational Scholarship, Rocky Mountain Local Section of the American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- 1994- B.S., Medical Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, ASCP Certified
- 2001- M.S., Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2007- Ph.D., Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2007–2008 - Postdoctoral Associate, Allen-Hoffmann Laboratory, Department of Pathology University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- 2008 - Postdoctoral Fellow Clinical Chemistry, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, ABCC Board Certification 2010