Elke A Jarboe, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology
Cytopathology Fellowship Co-Director
Elke A. Jarboe, M.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Cytopathology Fellowship Co-Director
About Elke A Jarboe, M.D.
Dr. Jarboe is a staff pathologist at ARUP and an assistant professor of pathology at the University of Utah School of Medicine. She received her MD from and completed her anatomic pathology residency training at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Subsequently, she completed fellowships in women’s and perinatal pathology and cytopathology at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. Her primary subspecialty and research interest is in gynecologic pathology. Dr. Jarboe is a member of several professional societies, including the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, American Association for Cancer Research, American Society for Clinical Pathology, and College of American Pathologists. She is also the Cytopathology Fellowship Co-Director.
- Folkins AK, Jarboe EA, Roh MH, Crum CP. Precursors to pelvic serous carcinoma and their clinical implications. Gynecol Oncol. 2009 Feb 21.
- Jarboe EA, Pizer ES, Miron A, Monte N, Mutter GL, Crum CP. Evidence for a latent precursor (p53 signature) that may precede serous endometrial intraepithelial carcinoma. Mod Pathol. 2009 Mar;22(3):345-50.
- Carlson JW, Miron A, Jarboe EA, Parast MM, Hirsch MS, Lee Y, Muto MG, Kindelberger D, Crum CP. Serous tubal intraepithelial carcinoma: its potential role in primary peritoneal serous carcinoma and serous cancer prevention. J Clin Oncol. 2008 Sep 1;26(25):4160-5.
- Folkins AK, Jarboe EA, Saleemuddin A, Lee Y, Callahan MJ, Drapkin R, Garber JE, Muto MG, Tworoger S, Crum CP. A candidate precursor to pelvic serous cancer (p53 signature) and its prevalence in ovaries and fallopian tubes from women with BRCA mutations. Gynecol Oncol 2008; 109(2):168-73.
- Jarboe EA, Folkins AK, Drapkin R, Ince TA, Agoston ES, Crum CP. Tubal and ovarian pathways to pelvic epithelial cancer: A Pathologic Perspective. Histopathology. 2008; 53:127-38.
- Jarboe EA, Folkins AK, Nucci MR, Kindelberger D, Drapkin R, Miron A, Lee Y, Crum CP. Serous Carcinogenesis in the Fallopian Tube (SCAT): A Descriptive Classification. Int J Gynecol Pathol 2008; 27(1):1-9.
- Jarboe EA, Thompson LC, Heinz D, McGregor JA, Shroyer KR. Telomerase and human papillomavirus as diagnostic adjuncts for cervical dysplasia and carcinoma. Hum Pathol 2004;35(4):396-402.
- All Publications: Click Here
Honors and Awards
- 2009 International Society of Gynecological Pathologists Robert E. Scully Young Investigator Award
- 2008, Cytopathology Fellowship, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2007, Women’s and Perinatal Pathology Fellowship, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2006, Anatomic Pathology Residency, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado
- 2003, M.D., University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado
- 1998, M.S., Colorado State University, Department of Microbiology, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 1995, B.S., Microbiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado