Wade Samowitz, M.D.
last modified 2012-10-10 15:34 — by Leita Rogers
Scholarly Emphasis: Genetics and molecular testing of colorectal cancer
About Wade Samowitz, M.D.
Dr. Samowitz is a staff pathologist for the Anatomic Pathology Division at ARUP and a professor of pathology at the University of Utah School of Medicine. He received his MD from SUNY Downstate, and completed residency training in anatomic pathology at the University of Chicago and fellowships in gastrointestinal pathology at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Specializing in gastrointestinal pathology and the molecular genetics of colorectal cancer, Dr. Samowitz is the medical director for numerous molecular tests in gastrointestinal cancer and other tumors, including microsatellite instability by IHC and PCR, mutational testing for BRAF, PIK3CA, and NRAS, evaluation for molar pregnancy, and specimen identification.
- No Selected Publications Provided
- All Publications: Click Here
- BACCALAUREATE DEGREE:
- B.A.: Cornell University, Ithaca, New York -- 1977
- M.D.: SUNY Downstate, Brooklyn, New York -- 1981
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Pathology - University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas -- September, 1981 - May, 1982.
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology - University of Chicago Hospitals and Clinics -- June, 1982 - June, 1985
- Fellowship in Gastrointestinal Pathology - The Johns Hopkins Hospital -- July 1985 - July 1987