Chris Lehman, M.D.
Professor of Pathology
- Professor of Pathology
- Co-Director of Clinical Laboratories at ARUP, Inc.
About Chris Lehman, M.D.
Dr. Lehman is an Professor of Pathology at the University of Utah School of Medicine and is the Co-Director of Clinical Laboratories at ARUP, Inc. Dr. Lehman is board certified in Clinical Pathology with subspecialty certification in Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine.
Dr. Lehman's areas of research include the influence of laboratory testing on patient outcomes, clinical validation of new, acute-care laboratory tests and transfusion medicine outcomes
- Laboratory Hemostasis: A Practical Guide for Pathologists, Bennett, Lehman, and Rodgers, eds., 2007, Springer. Managing Editor.
- Ford C.D., Greenwood J., Strupp A. Lehman C.M., 2002, Change in CD34+ cell concentration during peripheral blood stem cell collection: effects on collection efficiency and efficacy, Transfusion 42 (7): 904-11.
- Lehman, C.M., Wilson, L.W., Rodgers, G.M., 2004, Analytical validation and clinical evaluation of the STA®LIATEST® immunoturbidimetric D-dimer assay for the diagnosis of DIC, Am J Clin Pathol, 122:178-184.
- Lehman, C.M., Rettmann, J.A., Wilson, L.W., Markewitz, B.A., 2006, Comparative performance of three anti–factor Xa heparin assays in patients in a medical intensive care unit receiving intravenous, unfractionated heparin, Am J Clin Pathol, 126:416-421.
- All Publications: Click Here
Honors and Awards
- Cum Laude, 1977
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1977
- Clinical Pathology Teaching Award, 2000
- Baccalaureate: BS, 1977, University of Massachusetts
- MD: 1986, University of Utah
- Internship: Pathology,1989-1990, George Washington University
- Residency: Clinical Pathology,1990-1992, George Washington University,
- Fellowship: Transfusion Medicine,1992-1993, University of Minnesota,