Erica Andersen, Ph.D.
Dept. of Pathology, Clinical Instructor
- Medical Director, Cytogenetics & Genomic Microarray
About Erica Andersen, Ph.D.
After completing the Clinical Cytogenetics Fellowship Program in June 2013 and her Ph.D. at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Genetics in 2011, Dr. Andersen accepted a position with ARUP and the Department of Pathology.
Dr. Andersen was appointed to the ARUP Medical Directorship in Cytogenetics & Genomic Microarray and accepted an appointment as a Clinical Instructor with the Department of Pathology in June 2013.
- Andersen EF, Carey JC, Earl DL, Corzo D, Suttie M, Hammond P, South ST. (2013). Deletions involving genes WHSC1 and LETM1 may be necessary, but are not sufficient to cause Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome.LID - 10.1038/ejhg.2013.192 [doi]. Eur J Hum Genet. (Epub ahead of print).
- Andersen EF, Halloran MC. (2012). Centrosome movements in vivo correlate with specific neurite formation downstream of LIM homeodomain transcription factor activity. Development, 139(19), 3590-9.
- Andersen EF, Asuri NS, Halloran MC. (2011). In vivo imaging of cell behaviors and F-actin reveals LIM-HD transcription factor regulation of peripheral versus central sensory axon development. Neural Dev, 6, 27.
- Wang L, Jahren N, Vargas ML, Andersen EF, Benes J, Zhang J, Miller EL, Jones RS and Simon JA. Alternative ESC and ESC-like subunits of a polycomb group histone methyltransferase complex are differentially deployed during Drosophila development. Mol Cell Biol. 2006. 26(7), p. 2637. PMID: 16537908.
- All Publications: Click Here
Honors and Awards
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Clinical Cytogenetics. University of Utah/ARUP Laboratories 2011-2013
- NSF PASI Grant for the Frontiers in Developmental Biology: Concepts, Techniques, and Model Organisms Short Course. Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2008
- Scholarship for the Zebrafish Development and Genetics Course at the Marine, Biological Laboratory (MBL). Woods Hole, MA, 2008
- NIH Predoctoral Training Grant in Genetics. University of Wisconsin-Madison,2005-2007
- Biology Department Award (O.T. and Kathryn Walter Award). Macalester College, 2003
- Undergraduate Summer Research Scholarship. Macalester College, 2001,2002
- Ph.D. - Genetics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 2011
- B.A. - Biology: Genetics, Cell, and Development and Chemistry Core, Macalester College, St. Paul, MN, 2003