Sherrie Perkins, M.D., Ph.D.
Adjunct Associate Professor, Pediatrics
Dr. Sherrie Perkins
- Medical Director, Hematopathology
- Chief Medical Officer/Director of Laboratories
About Sherrie Perkins, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Perkins is the medical director of the Hematopathology Laboratory at ARUP. She is a professor of pathology and has held the C. Scott and Dorothy E. Watkins Endowed Chair honoring Ernst J. Eichwald, M.D. at the University of Utah School of Medicine.
Dr. Perkins received her Ph.D. in biochemistry from the University of Miami and her M.D. from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. She is certified in anatomic pathology with special certification in hematology by the American Board of Pathology. Dr. Perkins completed postdoctoral work while holding the NASA Fellowship Award, National Institutes of Health Fellowship Award, and the American Cancer Society Clinical Oncology Fellowship.
- Poirel HA, Cairo MS, Heerema NA, Swansbury J, Auperin A, Launay E, Sanger WG, Talley P, Perkins SL, Raphael M, McCarthy K, Sposto R, Gerrard M, Bernheim A, Patte C. (2009 Feb). Specific cytogenetic abnormalities are associated with a significantly inferior outcome in children and adolescents with mature B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: results of the FAB/LMB 96 international study. Leukemia, 23(2), 323-31.
- Salama ME, Mariappan MR, Inamdar K, Tripp SR, Perkins SL. (2009 Feb 17). The Value of CD23 Expression as an Additional Marker in Distinguishing Mediastinal (Thymic) Large B-Cell Lymphoma From Hodgkin Lymphoma. Int J Surg Pathol. (Epub ahead of print).
- Lowe EJ, Sposto R, Perkins SL, Gross TG, Finlay J, Zwick D, Abromowitch M. (2009 Mar). Intensive chemotherapy for systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma in children and adolescents: final results of Children's Cancer Group Study 5941. Pediatr Blood Cancer, 52(3), 335-9.
- Frazer JK, Meeker ND, Rudner L, Bradley DF, Smith AC, Demarest B, Joshi D, Locke EE, Hutchinson SA, Tripp S, Perkins SL, Trede NS. (2009). Heritable T-cell malignancy models established in a zebrafish phenotypic screen. Leukemia, 23, 1825-35.
- Hasserjian RP, Chen S, Perkins SL, de Leval L, Kinney MC, Barry TS, Said J, Lim MS, Finn WG, Medeiros LJ, Harris NL, O'Malley DP. (2009). Immunomodulator agent-related lymphoproliferative disorders. Mod Pathol, 22(12), 1532 - 1540.
- Nelson M, Perkins SL, Dave BJ, Coccia PF, Bridge JB, Lones MA, Cairo MS, Sanger WG. (epub 1/27/2010). An increased frequency of 13q deletions detected by fluorescence in situ hybridization and its impact on survival in children and adolescents with Burkitt lymphoma: results from the Children's Oncology Group study CCG-5961. Br J Haematol.
- All Publications: Click Here
Honors and Awards
- Pathology Resident Teaching Award 2000.
- Pathology Resident Teaching Award 2006
- Scott C. and Dorothy Watkins Endowed Chair honoring Ernst Eichwald 5/02-5/05.
- 1983 - 1985 M.D. Washington University (Medicine) St. Louis, MO
- 1985 - 1986 Intern Washington University (Pathology) St. Louis, MO
- 1986 - 1989 Resident Washington University (Pathology) St. Louis, MO
- 1990 - 1991 Fellow University of Utah School of Medicine (Hematopathology) Salt Lake City, UT